Updated: January 22, 2016
This policy describes how personal information about you may be used and answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
We collect information for the following purpose(s):
- Completing or supporting a program activity to better help a patient, caregiver, or supporter navigate the illness journey from diagnosis to wellbeing
- Web site and system administration
- Research, analysis, reporting, and sharing of non-personal information for the purpose of promoting the RW wellness platform and/or group learnings and information that has the potential to improve patient health outcomes
We collect personal and non-personal information. At times this information may be used to customize the content and information you see, fulfill your requests for products or services, improve our services, contact you, and better develop and target patient support services. We also may use your information to pre-fill fields to save you from entering the same information over and over again. By knowing about you, we can deliver more helpful information, programs and tools, and offer you the most relevant services. We collect personally identifiable information about you only when you provide it to us.
Who has access to the information we collect?
- Information collected by our Website is used by our organization only.
Types of Information Collected:
- There are many aspects of our site that can be utilized as a visitor, but in order to either manage or visit a personal Reimagine Well™ website or make a posting to any public area of the Site (e.g., posting a blog entry or entering a Tip 4 Life), you will need to register. When you register, we will ask for your first and last name, username, date of birth, zip code, country of residence, a valid email address, “I am a” (patient, supporter/caregiver, individual, healthcare professional), what you are “dealing with”, and a password for future access. We use the registration and profile information for the purpose of administering and improving the Site and to deliver the most relevant content and services to you.
- We suggest that if you prefer to remain anonymous within the Reimagine Well™ community you purposefully choose a username and profile picture that protects your anonymity.
- We understand that the information posted on Reimagine Well™ websites is often sensitive and intended solely for family/friends and invited community members. Accordingly, we note that any personal information contained on a Reimagine Well™ website will not be visible to third party search engines like Google, Yahoo! and/or MSN. We may use the information on Reimagine Well™ websites for improving our Site and services, but we do not use the information to target advertising.
Special note for parents:
- This site is a general audience site and not designed or intended to attract children younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If children send questions or comments to the Reimagine Well™ websites and include their name and/or home mailing address as part of their message, the information will be used only to respond to them personally. Providing this type of information is optional, and Reimagine Well™ suggests that children obtain their parents' permission before providing any information online.
- When Tips 4 Life and general inquiries are received by e-mail or program submission, the Tip 4 Life, questions and the e-mail address of the sender are stored electronically to allow time for a response to be researched, written, and sent or published. Unless otherwise required by law, Reimagine Well™ will not identify anyone who sends questions or comments to its Website.
Information disclosure to third parties:
- Third-party websites and applications are web-based technologies that are not exclusively operated or controlled by Reimagine Well™. We know how important it is to keep the information you've entrusted to us confidential. We will not rent or share personal information about you with third parties except to provide you with a product or service you request or under certain circumstances as described below. In all other cases, we will ask for your permission before we disclose your personal information.
- Reimagine Well™ uses a variety of new technologies and social media tools to communicate and interact with our audiences. Use of some of these applications could result in personally identifiable information (PII) becoming available or accessible to Reimagine Well™, regardless of whether Reimagine Well™ solicits or collects it. The table below lists the websites and applications we use. If any of these sites or applications collects PII, we describe what is collected and how Reimagine Well™ protects the information.
Types of Third-Party Websites and Applications
Third-Party Website and Application
How It Works
AddThis allows you to bookmark and share our content on a variety of social media sites. You do not need to register or provide any personal information. The AddThis service providers collect non-personal data, including aggregate and summary statistics on browsers and usage patterns.
On the Reimagine Well Facebook page, RW staff posts news and other items of interest to users. If you have a Facebook account or "Like" the Reimagine Well Facebook page, you can post comments or click on the "like" option for individual entries. If you comment or click on the "like" button, personally identifying information will be visible to RW staff and other Facebook site visitors. The amount of visible personal information will depend on your own Facebook privacy settings. You can avoid displaying any personally identifiable information by not creating an account, not posting comments, and not clicking on the "like" options in Facebook.
Reimagine Well uses Twitter to send short messages (up to 140 characters) or "Tweets" to share information about ReimagineWell.com with our audiences and respond to comments and inquiries sent via Twitter. Although users may read the @MyBridge4Life Twitter feed without subscribing to them, users who want to subscribe to (or follow) the @MyBridge4Life twitter feed must create a Twitter account at www.twitter.com.
To create an account, you must provide some personal information, such as name, user name, password, and email address. You have the option to provide additional personal information including a short biography, location, or a picture. Most information you provide for a Twitter account is available to the public, but you can modify how much of your information is visible by changing your privacy settings at the Twitter.com website.
To be notified when Reimagine Well adds new videos, users with YouTube and Vimeo accounts can subscribe to the Reimagine Well channel. RW staff members monitor the number of subscribers and may respond to comments and queries on YouTube, but RW does not collect, maintain, disclose, or share any information about people who follow Reimagine Well on YouTube.
Disclosure for legal reasons:
- We may release personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to our system or network, or cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
Agents, contractors and 3rd parties:
Efforts we take to safeguard your personal information:
We are committed to protecting the security of your information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose by taking these steps:
- We limit access to your personal information to employees having a reasonable need to access this information to provide products and services to you. Employees who misuse information are subject to disciplinary action, including termination.
- We have physical, technical and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information.
- In areas that contain your personal information, or where ReimagineWell.com requests health condition information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to help protect this information while it is in transit between our servers and your computer.
- Choose your passwords carefully: Always create a password that's easy for you to remember but difficult for someone else to figure out. Don't use your name, address, phone number, initials, Social Security number, license plate or birthday. Don't use names of your friends, family or pets, company names, common numerical sequences or the word "password."
- Suggestion: Use a mix of special characters, numbers, and upper- and lowercase letters. Also, remember to change your password frequently and never give your password to anyone.
- Log out and close your browser: Open browsers invite snoops. When you finish your online session, close your browser to erase any information it may have temporarily stored on your computer. MyBride4Life.com currently has an auto-logout feature that will automatically log you out of your account if there is no activity for a brief period of time.
- Install antivirus software and spyware protection: Viruses are dangerous. Many viruses are sent as email attachments. They can slip into your system without your knowledge the moment you open the email. Some viruses such as Trojan Horses can capture the contents of your system, including your passwords. Installing up-to-date antivirus software and running it will help thwart these and other unwanted Internet based applications.
- Spyware is a program or technology that aids in gathering information about a person or organization, often without their knowledge, and includes programs like hijackers and keyloggers. The best way to identify whether or not spyware is installed on your computer is to run and regularly update antispyware programs. Similar to antivirus software, antispyware software identifies and helps you remove spyware.
- When you download or use Reimagine Well on a mobile device, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, consult with your mobile device “help” or “search”.
Changes in our corporate structure:
Changes to this Policy:
- We may update this Policy. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your account and/or posting a notice on the sign in page. We may also make nonmaterial changes to our Policy that generally will not affect our use of your personal information. If you don't agree with the new policy, you always have the option of closing your account. Please see instructions for closing your account in Settings. Our current policy, identified by its effective date, will be posted on the Site, and you should check it frequently.
Information you can access:
- You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also delete your account through the settings tab on the ReimagineWell.com website. If you delete your Reimagine Well account, we will mark your account in our database as "Closed," but may retain personal information from your account to troubleshoot problems, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.